Short on time? 10 Great Ways to Sneak in Exercise
Everyone is so busy in today’s world. Who has time to fit in 2 hours at the gym after a hard day at work, at school, or taking care of the house and kids? When I was single I thought I would always work out 2 hours a day, 6 days a week. HA! Boy, did that change!
Let’s face it, you are BUSY! There are only so many hours in the day, so where can you find the time to get and stay fit? Well, here are 10 sneaky ways to fit exercise into your everyday life:
- Have a multi-level home or office space? Run and/or walk up and down the stairs. Who needs expensive exercise equipment?
- Cleaning? Pump up the music and dance while you clean.
- If you watch tv, see how many push-ups you can do during a commercial. You can do this with sit-ups, jumping jacks, etc.
- Do face exercises during your commute. I like Jack LaLanne’s Face-A-Tonic exercises.
- We spend SO many hours in front of a computer, on our laptop, tablet, etc., why not do it on a stationery bicycle or treadmill? Get fit while checking your e-mails, typing that proposal, checking your social media, or surfing the web.
- Take up a new hobby that gets you moving. There are always great classes at the local community college to try. Tai chi, yoga, etc.
- Every hour run in place for 5 – 10 minutes. This is great to battle the ever-widening rear end when stuck at a desk. Get your co-workers to join you (just explain to the boss first and get his/her okay).
- While on the phone do squats, leg lunges, leg raises, etc. It’ll go faster because you have someone to talk to. You can even call a friend and have a phone date to exercise while catching up with the latest news.
- Walk during your lunch hour. If you pack a quick salad to eat, you can get in a good 45 minute walk during your day!
- If your kids are playing outside, walk the perimeter of your yard, or better yet, join them in a game of tag. If your kids play sports, walk around the field while they are practicing.
Our bodies need exercise to stay healthy and well. We can’t all spend 2 hours at the gym, but we can all get some kind of exercise every single day. Aim for at least 4 fifteen minute spurts of exercise and you can easily get in an hour a day! I hope you enjoyed my list of 10 great ways to sneak in exercise. Please comment below and add your own ideas, I would love to hear them!