I hope you had a wonderful Father’s Day last Sunday. We enjoyed the day by going to church, grilling bratwurst, and making my husband’s favorite – homemade banana ice cream! His family has been making this recipe for at least 50 years, so it is a tried and true smooth recipe.
How to make homemade ice cream:
- 3 Quarts Half and Half
- 2 Cans Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- 5 Bananas Mashed (or any fruit you want to add)
- Ice (if using ice cream maker)
- Rock Salt/Ice Cream Salt (if using ice cream maker)
We use an ice cream maker but you can also mix ingredients well and place in a pan, freeze at least two hours, and then scoop. (omit ice and rock salt)
- Place Half and Half, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, salt, and mashed bananas in ice cream maker. Mix well.
- Fill outside section of ice cream maker halfway with ice, layer some rock salt on top, then repeat ice and rock salt until full.
- Turn ice cream maker on until ice cream is to desired thickness.
- Enjoy your yummy homemade ice cream!
Our kids LOVE it:
Dad is happy!